There are 3 main ways to navigate the site
Summary Information - Select one of the links in the box on the Homepage to view snapshots of information about people and places in the DORIC Area. For help, see the User Guide
Detailed Information - Select one of the links in the box on the Homepage to drill down to specific data and information about an area, or find out how to add more information to DORIC. For help, see the User Guide.
The Site Search at the top of the screen can be used to find datasets, documents, etc containing particular keywords.
How do I...?
Find information about a particular area
- To Find Data By Geography:
- Select an area on the map or change the Region type to e.g. Middle Super Output Area and then Apply to view and select smalller areas on the map.
- Select the View Indicators button on the bottom right hand side of the page to view all datasets that contain data for your chosen areas.
- Expand a dataset and choose View Selection to see the data for your chosen areas, or Filter Selection to choose more areas or different variables.
- See the Locate Tool Manual for more information about how to work with this tool.
To view the interactive map, you may need to download an SVG viewer - see http://www.localinformationsystems.co.uk/Downloads.aspx for more details.
- WebGIS - To use this online mapping tool, you need a separate username and password. Contact Us to request a log-in. For more details on how to use the tool, see the WebGIS User Guide.
Find information by Theme
Select the Theme link on the Homepage, choose the Theme you want and then choose a type of information to view.
- select a resource
- select the Open Resource or Download File button.
- select a basket
- choose one of the basket icons to view the data in a table, chart or map.
- Expand the dataset using the + to the left of the dataset name
- Choose Select Data on the right hand side of the table
- On the geography/variable selection screen, expand the geography list using the + icons and select the area(s) for which you would like to view data (a tick will appear in each of the boxes)
- Select the indicator(s) you are interested in (a tick will appear in each of the boxes)
- On the bottom right hand side of the page, choose the "Select to view data for this selection" button
- The table of data will appear, with options in tabs at the top to view Info (metadata) Export the data, draw a Chart, or display the data on a Map.
- See the Data Browser Manual for more information about how to work with datasets.
- select a profile
- follow the instructions to view a dashboard of data for a particular area
- select an item in the list on the dashboard to see ready-made charts and maps of the data.
Download data, charts and maps
- To export a dataset Table, select the Export tab, select the data to be exported, and select an export method.
- To export a Chart, on the Chart Tab select the Save as JPG button
- To export a Map, select the Map Tab, choose Map Type: Print, generate the Map and then select the Save as JPEG button.
Upload Documents and Data
To add documents or data to DORIC, you first need to register for DORIC. Then you can use the DORIC Guidelines to help you upload your content.
Look at the Resource Upload Manual for more help uploading documents
Look at the Data Upload Training Resources for extra details about uploading data.
Get more help
Or Contact Us
Updated: 27 March 2012 | Owner: Claire Irving